Many businesses require a negative drug test before hiring new employees. The use or abuse of drugs and alcohol can have a profoundly negative impact on a potential employee’s attitude, productivity, and professionalism in the workplace. A 10 panel drug test is an effective way to detect evidence of drugs in a potential employee’s urine.
This article will provide an example of what this drug test is looking for and answer the question, “What is a 10 panel drug test”?
What is a 10 Panel Drug Test?
So, what is a 10 panel drug test? First, here are the facts. The abuse of drugs by an employee can jeopardize the integrity of your business. Even infrequent or recreational drug use has been shown to lower cognition and overall functioning. Moreover, it can strongly impact a person’s mood, mental health, and ability to make quality decisions.
This can be detrimental to your business, your other employers, and to the individual themselves. That’s why it’s so important to do this type of test before they join your team.
Testing may also be conducted on current employees in the following ways:
- After a workplace incident occurs
- When returning to duty after a layoff
- For any other form of reasonable suspicion.
With that said, a 10 panel drug test is used to measure a wide range of substances, which makes it particularly helpful for employers. New versions of the test have excluded THC in 33 states (due to the legalization of marijuana).
The test works by locating illegal substances in an individual’s urine. It is considered a quick and safe alternative to other forms of testing, such as saliva, blood, or hair.
How Long Does Pre Employment Drug Screening Take?
How long a pre employment drug screening takes may depend on the clinic, results, and specimen. In most cases, you will receive the results of your test within 3 business days.
A 10 panel drug test can detect the following substances:
- Cocaine: This includes powdered form as well as crack cocaine
- Amphetamines: This includes speed, meth, Adderall, and Ritalin
- Opioids: This includes morphine, hydrocodone, heroin, oxycodone, smoked opium, and codeine
- Barbiturates: This includes phenobarbital, amobarbital, phenobarbital, and secobarbital
- Benzodiazepines: such as Xanax, Ativan, and Valium
- Propoxyphene: also known as Darvocet
- Methaqualone: also known as Quaaludes
- Methadone: also known as an opiate analgesic
- Phencyclidine: also known as PCP or angel dust
- THC: also known as marijuana, and is only tested for in certain states
Each drug remains in an individual’s system for a different amount of time. In most cases, a 10 panel test should be able to tell if a person has used drugs within the last three days.
Due to this short window, random drug tests tend to yield the most accurate results. Otherwise, it is possible to manipulate a urine sample when given enough time through the process of substituting, adulterating, or diluting.
Soteria Screening Laboratories: 10 Panel Drug Test Near Me
Are you a business owner seeking to hire new employees? Are you wondering, “Where can I find 10 panel drug test near me”? Soteria Screening Laboratories is here to help.
For over 20 years, we have been offering drug testing solutions for businesses of all kinds. Our mission is to help you create an alcohol-free, drug-free work environment so you can build a reliable and trustworthy business.
Ready to get started? Contact Soteria Screening Laboratories to set up a screening today.